AC Constructions can make the building and development process easy by assisting you to obtain Sydney Water building plan approval.
Only $600 inc GST.
Plan stamping is required to obtain a Construction Certificate from your Council or Certifying Agent. It is one of the conditions as listed in your DA Consent.
What is Plan Stamping?
Before you build or excavate, you must submit your plans to check there’ll be no impact on Sydney Water assets. You do this through a Quick Check agent.
If there’s no impact, you can get approval on the spot. If the Quick Check agent determines that your building will be close to or over Sydney Water pipes or structures, you will be required to engage the services of a Sydney Water supplier to approve your plans.
Prior to approving your plans, we can assist you in various ways, including:
- Reviewing your proposed building/structure plans and discussing options with you
- Advising you whether a Service Protection Report is required to accurately determine the location and depth of Sydney Water’s pipes – further details here.
- Advising you whether structural engineering detail is required
- Arranging supervision of concrete encasement and piering and
- Specifying asset protection requirements and/or alternate options.
The Building Plan Approval process includes:
- Stamping of plans
- Subject to Requirements document outlining the requirements and any inspections.
- Project Management of Minor Construction (concrete encasement, new junctions)
- Inspections (concrete encasement &/or piering)
- Project Completion Certificate
What documents are required?
- Architectural site plan with sewer line plotted in
- Structural engineering plans with sewer line plotted in and asset protection details (if applicable)
- Quick Check Application lodgement summary for Building Plan Approval
- Service Protection Report (Peg-Out)
How long does it take?
Pending all documents meet requirements, our turnaround time is 1-2 days.*
*NOTE: If the Sydney Water asset is outside the approval scope of AC Constructions (as per Sydney Water guidelines – e.g. pipe size > 225mm), the project will be submitted directly to Sydney Water for approval. Additional charges will apply. Inspection fees not included.